PhysiqueRescue Podcast Episode 9: Soft Drinks Still Cause Obesity Despite New Advertising, New Research Shows Fast Food is Unhealthy, and Is Intermittent Fasting Good For You?
In This Episode
- White tea benefits
- The Perfect Health Diet
- Research proves that Fast Food is unhealthy and we talk about the worst offenders.
- Soft drinks cause weight gain and are not healthy in spite of the new advertising campaign from a major beverage copmany.
- An organization doing some great things to fight hunger with nutrition.
- All about metabolism and intermittent fasting.
Weekly Topic/In The News
White Tea and The Perfect Health Diet
- If you haven’t checked out the Ladies Night Episode, check it out here! (04:00)
- White Tea Benefits (WebMD) (04:55)
- Mighty Leaf Variety Tea Starter Set (affiliate link)
- Perfect Health Diet (09:50)
- Perfect Health Diet: Regain Health and Lose Weight by Eating the Way You Were Meant to Eat (affiliate link)
Fast Food (15:00)
- Fast Food Restaurants Serve Extremely Unhealthy Meals (Medical News Today)
- 20 Worst Fast Foods (Men’s Health)
- Eating at Restaurants Boost Risk of Obesity (Orlando Sentinel)
Soft Drinks (28:38)
- CocaCola Admits Sugary Drinks Make You Put On Weight. (Medical News Today)
- Experts weigh in on the new campaign (Youtube)
- Side effects of artificial sweeteners (Livestrong.com)
- PhysiqueRescue Podcast Episode 7
Hidden Harvest (40:40)
How often should you eat to keep your metabolism up? (43:44) @beyourwholeself
- What is metabolism? (Wiki)
- Common beliefs about metabolism (45:00)
- Evolutionary Basis for meal frequency (46:00)
- Evolutionary change among generations differences between now and ancestors.
- Differences in diets compared to ancestors (50:00)
- What are Ketones? (53:00)
- Ketogenic diet metabolic advantages (53:30)
- Autophagy (Wiki) (54:45)
- Reactive oxygen species (Wiki)
- Differences in fasting compared to men and women (link to Marks Daily Apple)
- Why fasting is not starvation (01:01:00)
- Fasting protocols: Leangains, EatStopEat, Warrior Diet.
- How to implement (01:06:30)
- Intro to the Paleolithic Diet
- Personal benefits we’ve experienced from practicing Intermittent Fasting (01:09:00)
Submit Your Podcast Questions!
[contact-form-7 id="792" title="Submit Your Podcast Questions!"]